Tuesday 26 April 2016

Review | The Chic Boutique on Baker St. ~ Rachel Dove


Genre: romantic fiction
Release Date: 21st April 2016
Publisher:  Mills & Boon
The perfect escape to the country…
Recently single and tired of the London rat race Amanda is determined to make her dreams of setting up an idyllic countryside boutique come true, and the picturesque village of Westfield is the perfect place to
make a fresh start.

Local vet Ben is the golden boy of Westfield, especially to resident gossip Agatha Mayweather, who is determined to help Ben get his life back together after his wife left.
When a chance encounter outside the ‘chic boutique’ sets sparks flying between Amanda and Ben, Agatha is itching to set them up. But are Amanda and Ben really ready for romance?
The Chic Boutique on Baker Street is the debut novel from Rachel Dove, winner of The Prima Flirty Fiction Competition. You won’t be able to resist this heart-warming romantic story set in an idyllic Yorkshire village, full of lovable characters and laugh-out-loud moments…as Amanda finds her way to a second chance at life and love. This is the reading escape you’ve been looking for!

BUY LINKS


The Chic Boutique on Baker St. first caught my eye by the gorgeous cover - how could I resist the chance to read this eh?

I unexpectedly had a free day, so armed with a steaming cup of tea I settled down to read.
I'll be honest, the book didn't grab my attention in the first chapter or so, however there was something there that kept pulling me to read it and I'm glad I did. The more I read on, the more the story unfolded and the more I enjoyed reading it.

The story introduces us to Amanda - a high flying London lawyer who's job just doesn't fulfil her. The final straw comes when she discovers her boyfriend Marcus in a rather compromising situation. Losing her cool, she ends up losing her job and re-locating to a small country village.

Her introduction to Ben, the local vet, isn't a pleasant one and causes a small rift between the two of them, however the small sparks that fly in between don't go unnoticed from the village match makers!

A string of events push Amanda and Ben together but their previous broken hearts simply just push them apart again. It isn't until the thought of each other leaving the village that they admit their feelings to themselves - but is it too late to admit it to each other?

I couldn't read the second half of the book quick enough, I was willing this pair to sort their acts out whilst laughing along to the antics of the elderly ladies trying to pair them up.

Rachel Dove's writing style was really easy to read and flowed well. For me though, there didn't need to be some of the information in the first couple of chapters as that unfolded itself throughout the book anyway, I would have preferred some more of the laugh out loud mishaps within trying to get Amanda and Ben together.



Rating 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment