Sunday 15 May 2016

My Book Corner | Lynda Renham

Today I'm joined by author Lynda Renham to share her book corner.

Tell us about your Book Corner/Writing Space?
It is an upstairs room in our cottage. We live in a cottage in the Cotswolds. Three years ago we had an extension built and part of that was my little writing room. It started out as ‘The Beach Hut’ and I had a lot of beachy seaside things in there but I am now turning it into more of a shabby chic room with lots of vintage things in there. I don’t use a desk but sit on my lovely couch with my lap top. Often my cat Bendy will sit with me. I light candles and have lots of antique silver holders. I also have lots of essential oils which I burn and this relaxes me.


Do you have a favourite shelf/collection of books? Or favourite part of your Book Corner?
We have book shelves all over the house. There are a lot in the lounge, more in a room that we call the library and more in our summer house which sits in the garden. My favourite collections of books are the ones with inspiring stories. I have a shelf devoted to those. I have books on Buddhism, mindfulness and other inspiring stories by people like Amy Purdy, Pearl Lowe and others. I like books that explore how your thoughts affect who you are. I also have books on The Law of Attraction.

Do you have any reading/writing habits?
I have reading habits or at least one and that is that I read in bed. I truly don’t have time to read any other time. I wish I did as I have so many books to read. Writing habits are slightly different. I work from 9 in the morning until 6 but I have to admit to an awful lot of procrastination takes place between 9 and 6 too. Plus, there is far too much time spent in the kitchen and the fridge in particular, which is not good.
Thank you for joining us today Lyynda, can you provide links to your social media handles please?
Facebook Author page http://bit.ly/1URAD1o




No comments:

Post a Comment