Sunday 15 May 2016

My Book Corner | Helen Libby

I'm joined today by Helen Libby to share her book corner info...

Helen Libby wrote and illustrated her first "book" when she was 12 years old, which consisted of a collection of short stories written in the style of Enid Blyton (or so she thought). Helen later went on to do a Literature/Imaginative Writing degree. She has had a series of administrative jobs, which have only served to tell her that she wants to write for a living (as if she didn't already know!).

1) Tell us about your Book Corner/Writing Space?
My writing space more often than not is my bed. Never mind the fact that I’ve turned the spare room into an office, words flow from me more easily when I’m lying on the bed, propped up on one arm. Said office is used mainly for editing (and surfing!).

2) Do you have a favourite shelf/collection of books? Or favourite part of your Book Corner?
I have to confess that my collection of books has been down-sized. I used to keep every book I read, but now I only keep books that have sentimental value or which I’m planning to re-read one day – they’re that good. I mainly read e-books these days and so my book/reading corner is portable.
3) Do you have any reading/writing habits?
Reading habits: I will usually finish a book even if I’m not overly keen on it – I hate giving up. A bad habit I’ve developed is that I have to have sweets to hand when I’m reading. Writing habits: I always use a pen and paper for the first draft. I can’t type straight onto the screen.

4) How do you keep apart, track and control your TBR to read books?
It depends what I’m in the mood for, and whether I have any seasonal books. I’m very organised – I always know what books I’ve got waiting to be read, whether they’re e-books or “proper” books.
5) Can you provide links to your social media handles please? *Authors, please supply bio/pic and any buy links you'd like included.
Twitter: @helibedw
Buy links: myBook.to/OutofMyDebt  

No comments:

Post a Comment