Tuesday 22 September 2015

A Cottage By The Sea by Carole Matthews

The review for A cottage By The Sea is brought to you by guest reviewer, Samantha



Grace has always been best friends with Ella and Flick. 
The late-night chats, shared heartaches and good times have created a bond that has stood the test of time. 

When Ella invites them to stay for a week in her cottage in South Wales, Grace jumps at the chance to see her old friends. She also hopes that the change of scenery will help her reconnect with her distant husband.

Then Flick arrives; lovable, bubbly, incorrigible Flick, accompanied by the handsome and charming Noah.
This is going to be one week that will change all their lives forever…..


Having not read any books by Carole Matthews before I didn’t know what to expect. 

However, I was not disappointed with this book. 

This book follows the story of three best friends named Grace, Ella and Flick but when they all stay in a cottage together for a week, things change. 

They all want to do different things and by the end of the book, their lives are very different.

Throughout this book you are left guessing about what may happen next and what event could occur between the three best friends again. I was gripped when I was reading this book and I never wanted to put it down. 

The way that you experience the things that they do together and learn about each romance is what makes the book seem so real. It is just as if it is a real story and that it is experienced by you because it seems so life like.


I will be looking out for more books by Carole Matthews and I would highly recommend this one if you are after a holiday read or something to get your head into.

1 comment:

  1. I have this book on my bookshelf with some others. I can't wait to get stuck in now.

    ReplyDelete