Sunday 24 April 2016

My Book Corner | Isabelle Broom

It's that time of week again where we have a peek into the life of a fellow book lover, and sharing their Book Corner with us today is Isabelle Broom, author of My Map Of You.

1) Tell us about your Book Corner/Writing Space?
My writing space is in the bedroom of my London flat, tucked away in a corner that gets the best light. I have a chair and a desk – nothing too fancy.



2) Do you have a favourite shelf/collection of books? Or favourite part of your Book Corner?
I like to surround my writing space with things that inspire me, which includes trinkets and photos. I always write while drinking tea out of my Once Upon A Time Disney mug, which was a gift from my fabulous editor, Kimberley Atkins. 
I also keep a framed copy of the cover of my first published work, The Wedding Speech, right in front of me. It reminds me how far I’ve come, where I came from, and why I should feel proud of what I’ve achieved so far. Every time I get stuck and look up from the screen, there’s something there, reminding me why I must carry on.



3) Do you have any reading/writing habits?
When I’m really into a book, I will find excuses to dip into it whenever and wherever I can. I tend to carry my current read around with me wherever I go anyway. You never know when you might be stuck waiting for a bus! 
As for writing, I don’t really have enough spare time to have any habits. I have to write whenever I can, because if I didn’t I’d never get anywhere. I do like to take long walks to go over plots and characters in my mind. I often get home from walking the dog and have to run and find a pen and some paper before it all goes out of my head.

4) How do you keep apart, track and control your TBR to read books?
Well, I’m a Book Reviews Editor, so my TBR is staggered by release dates. I’m usually reading at least four to five weeks ahead – sometimes more. But if something comes in that I’m particularly excited about, I will be naughty and push it straight to the top.

5) Can you provide links to your social media handles please?
My Map Of You is available from Amazon here 

My ebook short story, The Wedding Speech, is available here
 and from iBooks via Tunes.


You can find me on Twitter @Isabelle_Broom and on Facebook – please do come and have a natter!



No comments:

Post a Comment