Sunday 5 June 2016

My Book Corner | Aimee Bealer

Please welcome another author to the blog today, Aimee Bealer.


      Tell us about your Book Corner/Writing Space?
Now that it’s getting warmer, most nice days find me writing on the
deck with my faithful distraction, Rosie, and a cup of chai. When it’s rainy
I’m stuck inside at the family computer, which has a much bigger screen but
is shared with my kids and hubby, so is usually cluttered with Ipods, bills,
toy swords, ballet magazines and whatever the kids are reading for school.


     Do you have a favourite shelf/collection of books? Or favourite part of
your Book Corner?
Some of my favorite books live alongside pictures of my favorite
people and knick-knacks picked up abroad in a re-purposed ‘china cupboard’.
My Austen, Ibsen, Woolf, Hemingway, Tolkien, etc. from college days. Books
that remind me of who I was before kids, before home ownership and yard work
took over my life! Sometimes I’m inspired to crack one open and re-read,
finding a whole new perspective on the text than I had twenty years ago when
I read it for the first time. Age really does alter my experience of a
cherished story, and coming to know and appreciate familiar characters in
new ways is fun.


    Do you have any reading/writing habits?
  Having busy kids kills opportunities for reading and writing!
Because dance and sports rule my afternoon/evenings, I write when the kids
are at school. So that leaves reading for before bed. If I’m really into a
book, I will make sure I have time to snuggle up in bed and read. I’ve
started giving up on books that don’t suck me in right away or feel
obligatory. I don’t need another chore at the end of the day!!

    How do you keep apart, track and control your TBR to read books?
  To-be-read books do stack up, so I shelve them next to my bed. I
have to be careful what I put there because my 12 year old daughter and 9
year old son will pick up and start reading anything. Books I can’t get into
end up with a neighbor or as a donation to the library. I really need to
break down and buy an e-reader!

  Thank you so much for joining me on the blog today Aimee, finally please can you provide links to your social media handles please?


Twitter: @BealerAimee


Link to purchase Pronouncing Enzo:
&qid=1459784363&sr=8-1&keywords=pronouncing+enzo


BIO:

Aimee had a hard time staying in one place after she traveled to France as
an exchange student at seventeen. She has lived in Baltimore, Hartford,
Cincinnati, East Anglia, Seoul, and London. In London she clubbed a hot Brit
over the head and dragged him home to America. Now the mother of two dual
citizens, Aimee lives with her husband and children in Maryland.

No comments:

Post a Comment