Sunday 10 July 2016

My Book Corner | Laura James

I'm delighted to have a fellow Laura on the blog today! Laura James is a (fairly) local author to where I live and we have met at a few events now. From our chat's I know Laura is working on a new novel, however in the meantime her latest What Doesn't Kill You, is out now.



     Laura, Thank you for coming on Lozza’s BookCorner. Please can you tell us a little about you and your Book Corner/Writing Space?

Thank you so much for inviting me into your book corner, Laura. It’s very cosy. 
I have a reading corner and a writing corner. My favourite room in our house is the conservatory. It’s south facing, so in the winter, when the sun shines, it’s is light, bright and warm in there. It happens to be our cats favourite room, too. My writing corner is in our kitchen. It’s the perfect spot for me, as it’s away from the distractions of the television, but it’s close to the kettle and fridge.




     Do you have a favourite shelf/collection of books? Or favourite part of your Book Corner?

I have a bookcase on the landing. 
It was my mum’s and I store some of her favourite books there. The bottom shelf is for the large, hardback children’s classics, such as The Chronicles of Narnia and The Wind in the Willows. I bought them many years ago, when I was expecting our first child. The top shelf is for Choc Lit books. Seeing one with my name on it never gets boring.



    Do you have any reading/writing habits?

I can’t think of any reading habits, other than I usually have at least two books on the go – one downstairs and one upstairs. I like to shut myself away when I’m writing, which isn’t always possible in the kitchen as family members tend to want to eat and the cats want to go in and out of the room. I’m convinced they just want the door OPEN. Why isn’t the door OPEN? We’re going to sit and mew at the door until it is OPEN. And then we shall sit the other side and mew until it is OPEN. Leave the door OPEN. And so on …

    How do you keep apart, track and control your TBR books?

I have a large TBR, with books stored on my e-reader, the others in my wardrobe, in the bookcase, on the coffee table and on my bedside table. If the book is on either the coffee or bedside table, it is the current read. Since becoming a writer and a member of the Romantic Novelists’ Association, I have discovered many more wonderful writers.

    Thank you again for coming on today Laura, before you leave, can you provide links to your social media handles please? 


If readers would like to find out more, please visit me at www.lauraejames.co.uk, pop in and say hello at www.facebook.com/LauraE.JamesWriter or come and tweet with me on Twitter – I’m @Laura_E_James.


Possessing little in the way of domestic skills, and with an insatiable hunger to write, Laura E. James found a much better use than cooking, for the family kitchen. Tucked neatly in one corner is her very small, but very tidy desk from where she produces issue-driven romantic novels, short stories, and flash fiction. Living in and enjoying the inspirational county of Dorset, Laura is a graduate of the Romantic Novelists’ Association’s New Writers’ Scheme, a member of her local writing group, Off The Cuff, a founder of Littoralis, and one eighth of The Romaniacs, the RNA Industry Awards 2015 Media Stars Winner. Published by Choc Lit, Laura’s debut novel, Truth or Dare? was nominated for the Festival of Romance Best Romantic eBook. Her second novel, Follow Me Follow You was a lovereading.co.uk editorial selection. What Doesn’t Kill You, the third in the Chesil Beach Book Series, is the first title in Choc Lit’s new Dark imprint ‒ compelling, emotional, hard-hitting novels. Not your typical romance story. For further information, go to: www.lauraejames.co.uk http://www.choc-lit.com/productcat/laura-e-james/ www.theromaniacs.co.uk www.facebook.com/LittoralisWriters

No comments:

Post a Comment