Friday 24 July 2015

Fairytale Beginnings by Holly Martin


Love is an open door... Except when it keeps slamming in your face.

Hopeless romantic Milly Rose has had her fair share of heartbreak. Obsessed with all things Disney, she refuses to give up on Prince Charming - he's out there somewhere isn't he?

When Milły is given a job to investigate the origins of a historical building in the village of Clovers Rest, she's not sure what to expect. What she discovers takes her breathe away - a beautiful real life Cinderella castle, complete with turrets, a magnificent drawbridge AND a very handsome owner... Cameron Heartstone.

As Milly and Cameron begin to unearth the secrets of Clover Castle, they can't ignore he intense chemistry building between them. They've both been badly hurt before. Can they take a big leap of faith and find their own happily - ever -after?

*May Contain Spoilers*

I've seen a huge amount of interest in Fairytale Beginngs down my Twitter feed everytime I've logged on lately, the cover to the book is quite simply adorable and inviting so when I saw I had the chance to grab a copy I jumped at the chance.

Having never read one of Holly Martins books before I wasn't sure what to expect,but on opening the book, stupidly just before work allowing myself to only read the first two chapters, I was completely take under the magical spell of Milly and Cameron's story.

We start by being introduced to Milly trying to find Clover Castle, a mysterious place that historic loving Milly has been unable to find any information on. She arrives in the quirky village of Clovers Rest, which is complete with its own unique buildings and residence.
Once Milly finds Clover Castle she is bustled to the ground by the owners dog. The owner is the strapping Cameron Heartstone, who has hired Milly to come and look into the castle and advise him on his options moving forward - their first encounter was him being far to heavy handed in helping Milly standup, resulting in him touching her in places that certainly should only follow a romantic dinner... Not being slobbered on by a great big dog! 

Cameron has inherited the castle and all its debt and quite frankly would just like to get rid of it, however over the next few days, the discovery of hidden underground tunnels and Molly's infectious optimism and love for the old building starts to rub off on him.
When summer solstice comes, the village is a hype of excitement as Milly has agreed for her and Cameron to participate in their little play, much to his disgust - after all, he's not the most Popular man of the village since firing the villagers from their jobs at the castle - a play that results in them marrying!

Ah gah.... I'm getting carried away writing this... I could continue but I'd end up just telling the complete story!

There's a lot to this book from the discovery of the tunnels, magical hideaway coves and treasures to ghosts, sea creatures and the story of a family curse involving stone hearts and dragons... When Milly breaks the heart and Cameron finds a dragon tattoo down her back, each wonder if soul mates and real fairy tales do happen to every day people, but with each of them having their fair share of heartbreak and heart ache, they have a tough time with trust and listening to their hearts.

Fairytale Beginnings is literally Cinderella for grown ups! If you love all things pink, glittery and a Disney then I'm positive you will enjoy reading this. Holly Martin writes in great, descriptive detail that instantly too me from my sofa to the charms of Clover Castle. 

I adored Milly and Cameron's story... I wonder if I dyed the ends of my hair pink and wore converse I could discover a Castle..... ;-) 

I would like to Thank Holly and the team at Bookouture for sending me Fairytale Beginnings to read via NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment